Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Split

Part 2

Today Coston got up at 6 to catch the boat to The Blue Hole. I slept another 4 hours, which was pretty glorious. When I finally managed to drag myself out of bed, I just wandered the streets shopping and talking to the locals (and getting a little too much sun). I ended up at what they call The Split, which is a channel of water that separates South Caye Caulker (where we are) from North Caye Caulker.



Sitting there, drinking a beer, listening to Bob Marley tell me that everything is gonna be alright, it's hard not the believe it. It's a balmy 80-something degrees, the water is electric blue, and everyone seems poor but happy.


I came back to the room because I could feel my Irish skin burning, and because I wanted to finally update this blog. Tonight we are going night snorkeling out on the reef, then tomorrow catching an early morning water taxi to Caye Ambergris. Right now, I'm going to take a nap and then find some food. Hope everyone is well back home, see you all soon (but not too soon).

No comments:

Post a Comment