Monday, April 7, 2014

Belize does not suck

When the door to the plane opened, the humidity hit me full body. It took me a second to convince my lungs that they were not drowning, that there was indeed oxygen in the air I was sucking down.

Coston referred to Belize as a third world country. "Really?" I said. "Second world. Maybe." I was wrong. It's third world, and covered in white tourist, and so beautiful sometimes I feel like I don't want to move to fear of ruining it.

It's been a long day of traveling, so this is gonna be short and sweet. Drove through Belize City, caught a 45 minute drive on a water taxi to Caye Caulker, arrived just as the sun was sinking over the horizon onto a postcard island with sand streets and people trying to sell us anything under the sun. Ate freshly caught red snapper, ice cream, and wandered. Now bed. Here are some pictures. They aren't great, but they are from Belize:




No comments:

Post a Comment